March 6, 2014

Harry Potter Moment of the Week

This is a meme hosted by Leah at Uncorked Thoughts. The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/films/J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related!

James Potter vs. Severus Snape

This one is actually a tough one because I am not a fan of either. You read that right; I disliked both James and Severus.
James was a total asshole, strutting around school, being cocky and a bully, picking on guys like Snape for fun. No matter that he's Harry's father. He was a jackass and I hated him in the books. How did he end up with Lily is beyond me.
Snape on the other hand was an ass as well. I don't care what he sacrificed, he had no right being so evil towards Harry. Because he was downright vile. He was mean and he loved it. He had power and he was taking it out on a poor child that knew nothing about the fights between his professor and his father. I get Snape was pissed and bitter, being bullied and then 'his' girl went off into the world with his greatest enemy, but to take it out on an 11-year-old just because you can is unforgiving.
Still, I guess James must have hit his head pretty hard to become normal and catch Lily. I wish I knew what happened there because I am pretty sure nobody has any idea how they ended up together... Plus, grown-up James dedicated his life to battling evil, being a responsible grown-up, while Snape remained just as bitter as he was as a child. He took his grudges and hatred for a dead man to the grave. So I pick

James Potter


And only because he is a slightly smaller as compared to Snape. Hate all you want and write all you want about the greatest sacrifice in the books, I couldn't care less. Snape was vile. The end.

James Potter (27 March, 1960 – 31 October, 1981), also known as Prongs, was a pure-blood wizard and son of Mr and Mrs Potter. He attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry from 1971 to 1978, and was sorted into Gryffindor House. When James started at Hogwarts, he met and befriended fellow Gryffindor students Remus Lupin, Sirius Black, and Peter Pettigrew. He also met Severus Snape, a Slytherin student whom he frequently antagonised, and Lily Evans, a fellow Gryffindor whom James fell in love with.

Sources: gif - text

3 comments:

  1. Aww see I disagree with you here on a few things. Granted Snape went over to the dark side for a little while, but he returned and was Dumbledore (and Lily's) man through and through despite everything that happened. He was a complete arse to HP I agree, and it was totally unnecessary, but he still protected the boy when it would have been easier to ditch him and pop back to old Voldy.

    Good points though :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are on the other side here. Severus has always been (one) my favorite character. I like how complex he is and I just can't stand bullies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I think I ended up liking James a bit more than you did but other than that we completely agree here. Yes James was a bully to Snape in school, but that seemed like it went both ways 100% of the time. And sure he was a bit of a showoff, which sucked, but he'd been spoiled his entire life. He still grew up to fight against Voldemort and dyed protecting Lily and Harry - unarmed at that. He totally sacrificed himself to give them time to escape!! But yeah, as compelling as Snape's story ended up being, his treatment of Harry was by far what stopped me from picking him. Ever. Harry was orphaned and Snape despised him just for being James' (and Lily's), he never even gave Harry a chance to show who he really was. And don't even get me started Snape bullying EVERY other student in Hogwarts (asides from Slytherin's of course) grrrrr! Loved your reasons for you pick ^^ xx

    ReplyDelete